Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pebbles Flintstone Manicure

  It's been a slow week here in Blogland, and especially in Manicuria.  I can get a bit careless with my nails, since I am often working with my hands and using my nails as tools.  Just two weeks ago I was doing god-knows-what and clumsily brought my hand down with a mighty force on my coffee table.  Seriously I don't know why or even how exactly I did it - maybe my depth perception is off? - but I did, I smashed the hell out of that table with my thumbnail.  Unfortunately there was a casualty, as a long, deep shard of nail ripped off, bled a whole bunch, and then made a blood blister under the nail.  It hurt like a bitch.

  I didn't want to paint while I monitored the nail and prayed to the nail gods that the dang thing wouldn't fall all the way off.  Happily it doesn't seem like it's going to jump ship, so I went ahead and gave 'em a few coats and even glued some gems on there.  I just picked up my first nail gems, which I don't usually like because shit sticking off my nails bothers me a lot and I tend to just pick it off.  Besides, it makes your manicure more fragile and that is just not good for doing stuff with your hands.  There'll be more on that later, meanwhile I'm busy trying to figure out how to make nail rhinestones look like something other than super cheap n' tacky. 

 To tide you over, here's a little favorite I've been sitting on for a while.  For some reason I only have a right hand shot of these, and it seems I took it after a few days' wear, but oh well, you still get the idea.

Triangles. For. Days.
  I'm calling this my Pebbles Manicure because it just reminds me so much of the youngest Flintstone.  The base color is my beloved favorite, Savina "White Lavander," with some boring old Revlon black for the details.  I am definitely in a triangles phase right now, it's all I wanna paint.  Trying a few different styles here, and I'm feeling quite fond of the vertical zig-zag action on the pointer nail.  An idea to try for a full set, I think!  I'd say this look counts as party nails, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment