Wednesday, May 23, 2012

ManiCure: Neon Checkers

OMG!  I'm surprised by how cool my nails are!
Party Nails, Party Nails, PARTY NAILSSSS!!!

I love doing outrageous nails.  I saw a checked swimsuit with a neon color scheme, and I knew it was meant for my nails.  (Once again using the webcam to combat my camera's phobia of neon orange.)

Here's a small close-up.  I did a 4x4 grid on each nail except a few, where I did a "zoomed in" look (like the pinkie and pointer on my left hand, which as we all know is way more difficult for me to paint.  So I cheated a little bit by simplifying my pattern.)

For these I used a white base (plain ol' OPI white) and some skinny-brush-having paints for the details, StripeRite from Sally Beauty Supply.  When I started getting into the minutiae of nail designs, I bought a whole bunch of these because they have teeny tiny brushes, and Sally's is like, a block from my work.  So, perfect.

...Except not.  These nail polishes are crap, yo.  The only ones that seem to work are the neons, since they seem to stay in liquid form and are very smooth, if a bit more viscous than I'm used to.  No amount of nail polish fixer can fix these, either, if that's what you're thinking.  I really recommend getting some nail art brushes - I bought a 15-pack on Amazon for like, three bucks, but a single brush at Sally's is nearer to fifteen bucks.

Next time, maybe a post that isn't about nail polish...

No comments:

Post a Comment