Monday, May 21, 2012

ManiCures for the Common Nail: Benetton Manicure

  When I was in middle school, I had an extensive nail polish collection.  I would paint my nails a different color each week, and so dedicated was I that eventually my nails turned a sad yellow, and I gave them an approximately four-year break.  But I'm back to my early love of nail painting, and with more gusto than ever!  Armed with the superhero of long, strong fingernails, Prenatal Vitamins, I am once again ready to present ManiCures for the Common Nail.

  Today's look is something I call the Benneton Manicure.  I had wanted to just paint Jamaican flags, but as I am white and have no connection to Jamaica whatsoever, I figured this would be slightly inappropriate.  Not to mention the potential for exposing my dearth of Jamaica knowledge.  SO I went ahead and did a combo of flags, drawing from my cousin's Flags Of The World flashcards! I tried to keep in the Benneton theme and represent all the continents, at the very least.  Some of the sexier countries to had some of the more difficult flags, and some of the sexier flags belonged to the least sexy countries.  So, choosing who would make it to Nailsville was surprisingly intellectually involved.

  I am really happy with  how these turned out!  I'm especially happy with how nicely the Brazil flag turned out!  I'm left-handed, so results of painting with my right hand have been mixed, but practice has improved my control considerably!  I remember when I could barely paint a solid color without having a massive right-hand earthquake!

Can you guess them all?

No comments:

Post a Comment