Friday, June 8, 2012

Yellow Triangle Moons: Variations on a Theme

  Despite every fiber of my being resisting, I'm going to blog in the name of consistency.  It's been a rough week.

  Anyway, when I'm feeling like an easy manicure, I usually do a simple duo-tone look.  I love, love, loooove half-moon manicures, so I've been having fun with variations of the moon manicure!  One of the easiest and most obvious variations is, of course, triangles!  (They're so hot right now!)


Neon Yellow Triangle "Moons"

More accurate representation of the colors.
  This particular color combo, StripeRite neon yellow over Revlon matte grey (I'm gonna have to check up on that one later, I cannot remember.  I think it was called "Cloud" or some such nonsense...)  This looks so, so much better in photos than in real life.  The yellow just doesn't pop from the grey unless it's got a direct light source.  SO, things to know if you want to try this color combo.  I'd recommend outlining the triangles in black, or doing a base coat of white before you apply the yellow.

You can see in the second photo how much the yellow sort of blends into the grey, and you completely lose the tips!  They just look like regular half-moons! They're just too close in hue, which I found surprising.  Ah, adventures in color theory!

No comments:

Post a Comment