Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Double Nail Extravaganza!

  Oh my god!  My nail is finally healed and I've been varnishing with a vengeance, I tell you!  Remember back here when I hurt my stupid thumb?  Well I swear this nail has been growing extra-fast to cover the exposed under-thumb territory.  Anyhoo, aside from a little bit of weird, sad discoloration, it's back in business!

  Let's kick off today's double header with the mutha'fuckin NEON YELLOW manicure that I went on a drugstore odyssey in order to achieve.  Would you believe I went to three stores before I found the damn stuff?  And naturally I went for the one everyone had mentioned on teh blogz, which was, sadly, Neon Melon  by Sinful Colors, which sucks.  It's awful, streaky, gloppy stuff, and I left it on my hands for barely half a day.  The next day I went to Sally's Beauty Supply like a good girl and bought some China Glaze Celtic Sun which, true to form, goes on fabulously - smooth thin layers, just the way I like 'em.   This level of opacity took three coats.

Just ignore my janky thumb on the right, there.  It's just the aftermath of the thumb-trauma - don't judge me.

  Ahh, and viola!  What light from yonder fingertip breaks?  It is the east, and Neon Yellow is the sun.  Call me a trend whore all you want, but god damnit, I love me some neon yellow right now!  It just looks so good!  And in a June marked by grey skies and wet shoes, it's really cheering me up.

  I can't resist getting all artsy on my nails, so these lovelies are accented with a couple of blues - an unremarkable medium-blue I bought from Urban Outfitters that barely deserves a mention, and Revlon Royal, which is a glorious and delightful polish.  I also used another unimpressive UO polish, a grey that's a nice color, but a real shit polish, if you ask me.  I covered it with Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Glitz Gal, which I will talk more about in a minute.  I even added a few blue heart-shaped gems, which, while a little blurry in the photos, actually turned out pretty cute and far less tacky than my maiden voyage into nail gems.


That slight touch of rainbow!  Ah!  It's beautiful!!
  Now, I find that neons don't tend to last very long before they start to show signs of the various tiny traumas of my day, and get all opaque and cracked.  So once the neon went the way of the buffalo, I decided to run with that grey glitter on grey nails that I'd done on just a few accents above, and do something kinda classy for a change. 




  Oh my god, I have to say, this Sally Hansen Gem Crush line of glitter topcoats is fucking awesome.  I'm totally back into glitter, especially if it's a nice dense glitter with varying sizes.  It's got to have varying sizes of glitter in there, and lots of it.  The grey is awesome because it has just a touch of iridescence, which is a nice subtle color effect on the muted-for-glitter-nails grey.   Doesn't this manicure just look so effing glamorous!?  I spent the whole week just admiring my nails everywhere I went!

No comments:

Post a Comment